Chillicothe Employment Law Lawyers
Employment law is the area of law that deals with employees’ and employers’ rights. In most cases, your employer has the right to terminate your employment without notice and without giving you a reason for the termination. But you, too, have the right to seek compensation , including lost pay related to the firing if you were terminated as an act of discrimination or retaliation.
As employment lawyers, our job is to defend employees’ rights and work to seek justice for our clients. A significant part of that job is to counsel employees who have been wronged to determine the appropriate course of action to take to seek compensation and justice.
Case Types Our Firm Handles
Our team works with clients facing the following types of dispute:
- Wage and hour disputes;
- Denial of benefits;
- Wrongful termination;
- Non-compete agreements and other employment contracts;
- Misclassification as an independent contractor;
- Employee misconduct;
- Workplace safety violations;
- Sexual harassment claims;
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) issues;
- Overtime claims; and
- Issues related to at-will employment.
Recovering Compensation for your Damages through an Employment Claim
The compensation you can recover through your claim depends on the nature of the violation and the extent of your losses. Your compensation package could include:
- Compensation for your lost wages, including front pay and back pay. Back pay is the money you should have earned while the violation occurred, such as overtime pay that was compensated at your typical rate. Front pay is compensation you could have earned if you remained with your employer;
- Compensation for medical expenses if the violation caused you to be injured or pay for medical care out of pocket when you should have had healthcare benefits; and
- Compensation for your emotional trauma related to the violation.
Work with an Experienced Chillicothe Employment Lawyer
If you feel your rights in the workplace were violated, do not stand by and let your employer continue to mistreat you or put your safety in danger. Instead, contact our team of experienced employment lawyers at Marshall & Forman, LLC today to set up your initial consultation in our office, during which we can determine the most effective way to move forward with your claim.