News & Events

I’ve Been Accused of Misconduct at Work. What Can I Do?

I’ve Been Accused of Misconduct at Work. What Can I Do?

If you’ve been wrongfully accused of misconduct at work, you may have questions about your next steps. Oftentimes, individuals may feel that their reputation has been damaged or that their coworkers will no longer trust their integrity. At Marshall Forman & Schlein LLC., we are passionate about advocating for our client’s rights and ensuring that your reputation and trust are protected in the workplace. Depending on the nature of the alleged misconduct, we may be able to help. Please give our employment attorneys a call to discuss your situation.

What Should I Do if I’ve Been Wrongfully Accused?

It’s important to act quickly if you’ve been wrongfully accused of misconduct in order to avoid serious consequences, such as termination or other penalties. Thankfully, our team is experts at defending our client’s rights and advocating for fair treatment in the workplace. With our help, you can have your accusation reversed. Our office can help you through the following steps in proving your innocence:

1) Don’t Attempt to Retaliate

In some cases, an employee will attempt to retaliate after being wrongfully accused, such as losing their temper or refusing to answer any questions from the employer. Even if you’re innocent, it’s imperative that you remain calm to avoid escalating the situation further and causing issues to arise. 

2) Gather Important Information

Individuals may be able to prove that the accusation against them is false. For example, if an individual accuses you of consistently being late to work, showing a copy of your timecard can help prove your innocence. Pictures, emails, texts, and paperwork can all be helpful resources that can discredit a false accusation. 

3) Communicate With the Appropriate Individua

Talking with the accuser may not be the best option, as it could further the problem. If false accusations are being made against you, you may want to talk with your supervisor in private to discuss the situation and give your side of the story. Be sure to state all of the facts without speaking poorly of the accuser. It’s more important to justify why the accusations are false rather than spend your time discrediting the accuser. If your supervisor is unable to help, it can be helpful to discuss your problem with HR to see if they can help resolve the issue. 

4) Talk to a Trusted Attorney

If the matter is unable to be resolved, it’s important to contact a trusted attorney at Marshall Forman & Schlein, LLC. We’re here to represent your needs and help your misconduct accusation be dismissed. We’re experts at resolving false claims about our clients and helping them have a better work experience. 

Contact Us Today

If you have questions about how Ohio courts handle misconduct allegations, contact us today. We will advocate for your accusations to be dropped so you can get back to work. Our team is here for all of your legal needs and is ready to represent your case. 

Share Post

Do You Have A Question? Contact Us Today

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Attorney Advertising. This information is designed for general information only. The information presented should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. Past results and testimonials are not a guarantee, warranty, or prediction of the outcome of your case, and should not be construed as such. Past results cannot guarantee future performance. Any result in a single case is not meant to create an expectation of similar results in future matters because each case involves many different factors, therefore, results will differ on a case-by-case basis. By providing certain contact information herein, you are expressly authorizing the recipient of this message to contact you via the methods of communication provided.